With summer upon us, there are many travel plans being made. I am so excited to be in this group as I am going to Europe — lucky me! My trip is not until later this summer, but I am already thinking about what I should bring. A “Sound of Music” tour in Austria, a Mozart dinner concert in Germany and a macaron cooking class in Paris highlight my agenda.
My goal is to take a roll-aboard suitcase and a carry-on bag. Since I will be gone for 11 days, I will have to choose wisely. While I contemplate what to pack in the roll-aboard, I have a pretty good idea of what goes in the carry on. These items are at the top of my tried-and-true list for travel:
- The Go Be Lovely roller ball fragrances from Illume are the ideal way to travel with perfume. I love all the scents, but the Grapefruit Oleander seems particularly fresh and fitting for summer.
2. For life’s little accidents — a splash of coffee here or there on an outfit seems inevitable as I rush through the airport — I faithfully tuck The Laundress Wash & Stain Bar and a few pacquettes each of the Stain Solution and Signature Detergent into my carry-on. These products are amazing and have saved me many times from embarrassing spills!
3. A black wrap is a true essential in my carry-on, but for this trip and its summery palette, I am going to inject a spalsh of color. I ❤️❤️❤️ the super lightweight cashmere wraps from Chan Luu. No matter what color you choose, these luxuriously comfy pieces are perfect for surviving the frigid temps on the airplane and the chilly nights at your destination.
4. Ballet flats. What says chic and comfortable at the same time?
5. Long flights = Long stretches of boredom. Therefore, I like to read something motivational during my flight, and “One Simple Change” has certainly been energizing. I will need another book, however, so please let me know if you have great suggestions.
6. Lastly, I always have a small knitting project in my carry-on bag. I can get quite a lot done without any interruptions. Since I can be a bit of a nervous flyer (and I know I am not the only one on this), knitting a pretty scarf or sweater helps me focus my attention on something other than flying at (yikes!) 38,000 feet.
What are your essentials for traveling this summer? I would love to hear how you make travel easy and stylish!